Sealants & Adhesives
Poly bd® and Krasol® resins are low molecular weight, hydroxyl-terminated homopolymers of butadiene. These hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene (HTPB) resins are characterized by low volatiles content, low glass transition temperatures, excellent hydrophobicity and a high level of reactive functionality. The unique structure of the Poly bd® and Krasol® polyols provide properties which surpass typical polyether and polyester polyol based urethane systems, as well as conventional, general-purpose rubbers. Most grades of Poly bd® and Krasol® resins contain unsaturated double bonds that can be cured or crosslinked.
Some of the outstanding performance characteristics Poly bd® and Krasol® resins provide to polyurethanes include:
- Adhesion to a variety of substrates
- Hydrolytic stability
- Resistance to strong aqueous acid and bases
- Low temperature flexibility
- Low moisture vapor transmission rates (MVTR)
- Low embedment stress
- Thermal cycling stability
- Electrical insulation properties
- High elongation with good elastic recovery
Poly bd® and Krasol® hydroxyl-terminated polybutadienes comply with title 21 (Food and Drugs) of the Code of Federal Regulations, paragraph 175.300, Resinous and Polymeric Coatings.